Thursday 27 August 2015

I HAVE NO MORE FEELINGS




The Winner's Crime
Author: 
Publication Date: Published March 3rd 2015
Publisher:  Farrar Straus Giroux
Book two of the dazzling Winner's Trilogy is a fight to the death as Kestrel risks betrayal of country for love.

The engagement of Lady Kestrel to Valoria’s crown prince means one celebration after another. But to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making. As the wedding approaches, she aches to tell Arin the truth about her engagement... if she could only trust him. Yet can she even trust herself? For—unknown to Arin—Kestrel is becoming a skilled practitioner of deceit: an anonymous spy passing information to Herran, and close to uncovering a shocking secret.

As Arin enlists dangerous allies in the struggle to keep his country’s freedom, he can’t fight the suspicion that Kestrel knows more than she shows. In the end, it might not be a dagger in the dark that cuts him open, but the truth. And when that happens, Kestrel and Arin learn just how much their crimes will cost them

-Warning- This isn’t a review, it’s more of a blabbering mess of I HAVE NO MORE FEELINGS
.
Let me tell you how this book went.

THE ANGST. THE FRUSTRATION. THE ANGST. THE FRUSTRATION. THE ANGST. THE FRUSTRATION. THE ANGSTTHE FRUSTRATION. THE ANGSTTHE FRUSTRATION. THE ANGSTTHE FRUSTRATION. THE ANGSTTHE FRUSTRATION. THE ANGSTTHE FRUSTRATION.The-


-shit hit the fan.


Thought Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead was bad? Thought The Eternity Cure was bad? Doesn’t even compare, The Winner’s Crime wins, hands down. How about Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas? It’s the closest I can think of FOR THE PAIN.  Kind of. The Winner’s Crime didn’t make me cry (or go all blubbery for half an hour) but it’s that’s anguish type of one that makes you want to shout at it.The Winner’s Crime, if you haven’t already picked it up *cough* was all angst and frustration. SO MUCH FRUSTRATION. Especially when it comes to scenes with Arin and Kestrel (as little as they are) just makes me want to bash their heads together most of the time. Or make them kiss. Definitely kiss. YOU HEAR THAT CHARACTERS? JUST KISS ALREADY AND MAKE UP.

You can sum up what happened in The Winner’s Crime in a sentence. There’s not much going on, but what I loved most about The Winners Curse in the first place was the writing. THE WRITING.  I have no idea how she does it, I usually get bored when there’s not much going on compared to The Winner’s Curse, it’s more of a set-up for #3, and character development wise and them going where they need to be, but I wasn’t bored. I couldn’t stop reading. There’s just something about it that draws you in, no matter what it’s about. And I loved that we had a different setting, seeing as Kestrel grew up in Herran.

We got to see different sides to the characters this time around, we see Kestrels sneaky side and Arin’s sappy side, you can understand them a lot more, and I hate them both. I hate them I hate them I hate them. Obviously I love them, but I’m developing a love/hate relationship BECAUSE THIS HURT. They are both idiots, okay? THEY CANNOT SEE WHATS IN FRONT OF THEM AND GRRRRRRRR. There are so many close encounters that would’ve ended a lot differently if Arin would’ve opened his damn eyes and stopped second guessing and if Kestrel would’ve been less so damn stubborn.

Some of this may sound bad, but it’s not, I loved every second of it, even if it hurt. And it hurt. A lot. Especially that ending. IT LEFT ME WITH NO MORE FELLINGS.  THEY HAVE BEEN CRUSHED. Congratulations, The Winner’s Crime.


Rating: 5/5


       

8 comments:

  1. So much frustration! I couldn't handle the ending, I broke down and cried like a baby. JUST BE TOGETHER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much frustration! I couldn't handle the ending, I broke down and cried like a baby. JUST BE TOGETHER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you believe that I still haven't read this thing? I have the eARC but I was kind of afraid of all the angst and frustration that other bloggers and reviewers have been talking about on Twitter. I'll definitely read this soon, though... esp with book three being titled "The Winner's Kiss"! ASDFGHJKL;

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU HEAR THAT CHARACTERS? JUST KISS ALREADY AND MAKE UP. <-- THIS IS SOOO FREAKN MUCH. Seriously guys,
    The wait. It kills me.

    Great review, Kirsty! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no human noises coming out of my mouth right now. THIS BOOK DESTROYED ME TOO. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes I agree this one was soooooooo intense!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Thought Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead was bad? Thought The Eternity Cure was bad?" NO THIS BOOK WILL KILL ME THEN. I liked the first book well enough but now I'm pretty worried about my feels and emotions once I read this one haha. But hey, it takes a great book to do that so I'm in!

    ReplyDelete