Thursday 18 June 2015

I Love You...But I Don't Want to Review You





Or it's better known as Books I'm Never Reviewing because Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight is awesome, and she let me use her idea (which, is equally awesome. Her idea, not letting me use it, and well, that too.)




 When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she has to think fast. After all, she'd been telling her friends about him for months now. This was supposed to be the night she proved he existed. So when she sees a cute guy waiting to pick up his sister, she enlists his help. The task is simple: be her fill-in boyfriend—two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies. After that, she can win back the real Bradley.

The problem is that days after prom, it's not the real Bradley she's thinking about, but the stand-in. The one whose name she doesn't even know. But tracking him down doesn't mean they're done faking a relationship. Gia owes him a favor and his sister intends to see that he collects: his ex-girlfriend's graduation party—three hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.

Just when Gia begins to wonder if she could turn her fake boyfriend into a real one, Bradley comes waltzing back into her life, exposing her lie, and threatening to destroy her friendships and her new-found relationship.


I heart you, book. And you know what? I do think this is my favourite out of all of them, and the reason why? Gia (and Hayden, obviously, but shh), out of all of Kasie West's characters, she's the one with the most character growth, and I know all of them have a lesson of learning to be yourself, but this was the strongest. I could've done without Jules (I think we all could have done without Jules) considering she was a few steps away from being a complete psycho and seriously needed to fucking get a life, but there we go.  AND THE ROMANCE WAS ADORABLE, OKAY?


Rating: 5/5






 
      Knowing the outcome doesn't always make a choice easier...

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through... and who she can’t live without.

Life can change in a split second.

Addie hardly recognizes her life since her parents divorced. Her boyfriend used her. Her best friend betrayed her. She can’t believe this is the future she chose. On top of that, her ability is acting up. She’s always been able to Search the future when presented with a choice. Now she can manipulate and slow down time, too... but not without a price.

When Addie’s dad invites her to spend her winter break with him, she jumps at the chance to escape into the Norm world of Dallas, Texas. There she meets the handsome and achingly familiar Trevor. He’s a virtual stranger to her, so why does her heart do a funny flip every time she sees him? But after witnessing secrets that were supposed to stay hidden, Trevor quickly seems more suspicious of Addie than interested in her. And she has an inexplicable desire to change that.

Meanwhile, her best friend, Laila, has a secret of her own: she can restore Addie’s memories... once she learns how. But there are powerful people who don’t want to see this happen. Desperate, Laila tries to manipulate Connor, a brooding bad boy from school—but he seems to be the only boy in the Compound immune to her charms. And the only one who can help her.

As Addie and Laila frantically attempt to retrieve the lost memories, Addie must piece together a world she thought she knew before she loses the love she nearly forgot... and a future that could change everything.



I have officially read all that is Kasie West. And now I'm sad.  Have to say, Pivot Point and Split Second are my least favourite out of all of hers, and I don't even know why, it was adorable and funny and everything and gave me the fuzzies buuuuuut it didn't give me all the feels. So, yup.
 


Rating: 4/5





 Finnikin of the Rock and his guardian, Sir Topher, have not been home to their beloved Lumatere for ten years. Not since the dark days when the royal family was murdered and the kingdom put under a terrible curse. But then Finnikin is summoned to meet Evanjalin, a young woman with an incredible claim: the heir to the throne of Lumatere, Prince Balthazar, is alive.

Evanjalin is determined to return home and she is the only one who can lead them to the heir. As they journey together, Finnikin is affected by her arrogance . . . and her hope. He begins to believe he will see his childhood friend, Prince Balthazar, again. And that their cursed people will be able to enter Lumatere and be reunited with those trapped inside. He even believes he will find his imprisoned father. 

But Evanjalin is not what she seems. And the truth will test not only Finnikin's faith in her . . . but in himself.



Where have you been all my life, book? I have Elizabeth to thank for making me read this, I did want to do a proper review for it, but I didn't even know where to start.  I still have to read the rest of the series, but I'm saving it for when I need to get out of a reading slump now I have no Kasie West left. 


Rating: 5/5



 








Connor, Risa, and Lev are running for their lives.
The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.



I have Elizabeth to thank (or should I say hate, because  ohmygodohymygod) seriously, when you tell me to read something, I will read it. I read horror, I love all things creepy but holy crap that scene (if you've read it, you know what I'm talking about, not like you can forget it. I wish.) is one of the most horrifying scenes I've ever read and I'm scared to even touch the rest of the series because of it. I will, eventually, when I'm better prepared for it. You know, like when I'm 30.
 

Rating: 4/5





So, have you read any of these? If so, tell me what you thought of them! Also, want to join us and be scarred over Unwind? It'll be fun, I promise.