Thursday 9 April 2015

Guest Review Amber: Shadows





Shadows (Dark Touch #1)
Author: 
April 1st 2010
Red Fox
Pages : 240
Rough estimate of time it took to read : 14 Hours
Source: Gifted by Kirsty

Fifteen-year-old Eve Evergold is cute, sassy and enjoying a busy social life. What she doesn't know yet is that someone close to her is an evil demon that only she has the supernatural power to defeat. She needs to work out who it is - and fast! Because although there's something very attractive about the dark side...dating a demon? Pure hell!





I'm going to keep this review short since it's a short book, more like a novella than a full-length novel, and I'm not sure what I feel about it, either.

I'm not sure what to think of this book, the last 6-8 chapters were  worth the read but all the previous ones well I just feel like majority it was wasting my time to read. I really struggled with this book. I don't know what to think as I said the last couple chapters were very very good and made me want to read the next book in the series. But looking at the book over all I would have to admit not worth the read unless you are like me and have to finish a book once you've started just to get the satisfaction of knowing you slugged through it and completed a small challenge.

All of the beginning of the book was extremely difficult to follow. Very confusing and just made my brain hurt trying to read it. I had to stick the book down ALOT and could only read a couple pages per day before my brain started to say "NO MORE!!!" with superficial bitchy characters, so yeah, it  took me awhile to get through it even though it's rather short.

The story line during the last couple chapters was really well written and made me want to read more. Not a book  I would recommend. Sorry.