Tuesday 4 November 2014

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

 
 
I usually don't do Awards, but this one seemed too much fun to pass up, besides, I was nominated by these two lovelies, Saruuh and Petra.


The rules ...
 
 
 
 
 
 
1) Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2) Post the award's logo on your blog.
3) Answer the 10 Questions That you have been asked.
4) Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions
.
 
 
 
Saruuh's Questions
 
1 - What was the first book you bought for yourself?
 
Holy crap that was a long time ago, I can't remember that, but I think the first book I remember buying was Harry Potter and the Philosophers  Stone, bought it second-hand with pocket money (the same with up to The Goblet of Fire, so my first full set is half second-hand, half brand new.
2 - Which book did you just finish?
 
Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano
 

3 - If you could pick 2-3 authors to co-write a book, who would you choose?
 
That's mean, and this is random but: John Green, Richelle Mead and J.K. Rowling.
 
4 - What is your favourite book design? - not cover, but the inside (fancy chapter titles, page design etc,)
 
The Splintered series, chapter titles are gorgeous and the font for each book is in different colours.
5 - What book are you desperate to own?
 
Frome ones that have already been released, The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson. I loved The Adoration of Jenna Fox, though I haven't finished the series yet. Ones that haven't been released yet. ENSNARED by A.G. Howard, NEED.
6 - Which book that you own smells the best?
 
The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters, besides the book smell, it smells of feminism and girl power. 
7 - Is there a book you've been meaning to read forever but still haven't got around to it?
 
Not a part of a series, I'd say Fangirl, a part of a series, Percy Jackson.
8 - Who is your least favourite character? The kind you reaaaaally want to strangle.
 
Recently, Marguerite in A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray.
9 - Do you own any bookish possessions that aren't books? - jewellery, bookmarks, etc.
 
Rosalie's necklace, this was in my Twilight phase, a Vampire Diaries locket with Vervain in it, and a load of bookmarks that all suddenly disappear...
 
10 - If you could take a trip inside the world of one book, which would it be?
 
Either Harry Potter or Throne of Glass (I don't know why I would want to be in there, oh wait-Chaol.) ;)
 
 
Petra's Questions
 

 
1- Name your top 5 favourite books.
Now that's hard, uhm, I'm not going to do standalones (which are too many to count) so using series' and just my favourite book out of it. So Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows. Vampire Academy: The Last Sacrifice, Throne of Glass: Heir of Fire (so far anyway.) Anything by Kendare Blake but favourite: Anna Dressed in Blood and Splintered series: as much as I loved Unhinged, Splintered is my favourite.
 
2- Your favourite author?
Since I've mentioned my favourite books and their authors from the above question, I'm going with one standalone book that hasn't gotten out of my head since I've read it. So, I'm saying Tanya Byrne.
  3- Favourite quote?
"We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already."
4- What is your favourite book to movie adaptation, and why?
Easy, Harry Potter, I watched the first two films before reading the books they made me want to read the books.
 5- How often do you buy books? Or do you prefer the library?
Ha, uhm, well up until recently where I had a nice book shopping spree, I was buying around 2-4 a month, depending on review copies. My library sucks, so don't go there.
6- Who is your favourite character, and why?
THERE ARE SO MANY. But, I'm going with my favourite right now which is Celaena Sardothien, obviously. Mainly because of her sense of humour and she's flawed and feels real. Plus, she's a badass.
 7- Why and When did you start your book blog?
June something 2013, I've used goodreads for years since I was buying books blindly and wasting money on ones I never finished because I ended hating them, so I'd check out reviews and ratings before even adding a book to my TBR, they helped so much. I tried it out when I started reviewing for Readgig, and not long after decided to start my own.
 
8- Name your OTP (One True Pairing)?
 Well, I think we all know I'm team Chaolaena, but since things are up in the air, I'm going with Romitri. Come on, you can't not like Rose and Dimitri together, if you don't, we can't be friends anymore. ;)
9-The scariest book you've ever read?
 
This ones easy. ;) Say Her Name by James Dawson
 10- What was your favourite book as a child?
Apart from fairy tales when I was younger? I can't remember that many to be honest, but I loved the Roswell High series, I loved them so much I named one of my dogs after Roswell, the other ones called High. Kidding. His names Milo.
I nominate
 
Elizabeth @ So Long and Thanks for All the Fish Sarah & Christina @ Between Bookends and Preethi @ Time Turning Reads
 
Here are your questions:
 
1) What's the one book/series you'll always recommend to everyone?
2) The last book that you wanted to hug?
3) One character you wish were real?
4) Favourite book boyfriend?
5) Have you ever highlighted a book? (You evil person, you.)
6) Have you ever "forgotten" to give a book back to a friend?
7) Do you make music playlists for books?
8) The first book you ever read (that you can remember)?
9) Ever sniffed a book? ;)
10) The evil question: Been through the Twilight phase?( Be honest!)